Malcolm X Fund
What is the Malcolm X Fund?
The Malcolm X Fund was previously known as the One More Month Campaign. It is the PTA’s first BIG fundraiser of the year and helps pay for the important programs not covered by public school funds.
How does the Malcolm X Fund benefit our kids?
As well-funded as the Berkeley schools are, there is not enough money to cover all the expenses of a comprehensive education like the one your child receives at Malcolm X. Our families and community step in to fill the gap. Malcolm X Fund donations will help pay for:
- Literacy Programs
- Classroom Supplies
- Science Kits and Supplies
- Performance Tickets
- Cultural Events
- Community Building Events
- 5th grade trip
- 5th grade puberty education
HOW DO YOU DONATE?
ONLINE: The easiest and quickest way to donate!
- Click here to donate now using your credit card!
- Spread out your donation with automatic monthly payments.
CHECK OR CASH: You can also write a check or donate cash.
- Download, print, and fill out the donation form.
- Put it in the Malcolm X Fund Box in Main Office along with your donation.
- Or - mail your check with the form to Leah Simon-Weisberg: 2003 Stuart St. Berkeley 94703.
STOCK DONATION: Please email us for more information.
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU DONATE?
- The PTA spends more than $350/child each school year.
- We ask that every family give what they can.
- One useful guideline is ONE MORE MONTH of what you budgeted for pre-school, child care or summer camp for your child.
- Our goal is 100% participation! If we reach 60% participation the whole school gets a popsicle party!!!