Become a PTA member
Our school needs your participation to be the amazing place it is. We invite you to join the PTA and make a difference in the education and quality of life for all children at Malcolm X.
Complete your annual membership (PDF) today!
Reminder: You must renew every year to remain a member!
Contact PTA Membership Chair Deb Bedoya <email@example.com> for more information on membership.
Joining the PTA:
- Helps fund programs and extras that the state of California does not. Our PTA spends more than $480 per student on existing programs such as art, dance, music, drama, and physical education and recess support. We also pay for classroom supplies, performance tickets, library books, and so much more. We all benefit from this.
- Helps kids be successful. Research shows that kids do better in school when their parents are involved! There are so many ways to be involved at Malcolm X. You can participate in PTA meetings, hold an elected seat on the PTA board, volunteer at fundraisers, give school tours, or volunteer in the classroom.
- Sustains a great resource. The PTA keeps parents informed. It allows parents to understand the challenges our school faces and to become part of the solution. We host expert speakers in various areas of education and parenting. We sponsor Literacy Night and Discovery Night. We provide family support (PCAD, ELAC, LGBTQ, Rainbow Families, Inclusion Families, FUSE and Balsa).
- Builds community. Get to know fellow parents and become part of the Malcolm X community. Our PTA sponsors Project Connect, the Welcome Reception, Family Heritage Night, Kindergarten Information Night, Movie Nights, and the Spring Fair.
- Allows you to easily participate. PTA meetings are held once a month. Dinner and childcare are provided.