BSEP is funded by a renewable parcel tax measure, and provides 20 percent of our public school funding. It is up for renewal in 2016 and we really need your input. Come share your ideas for making BSEP the best it can be for all of Berkeley's kids!
You're invited to a Budget Workshop and Community Conversation about BSEP on Thursday, February 25, 2016 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. at the BUSD School Board Room, 1231 Addison Street:
- Learn more about how BSEP supports our students
- Consider class size options and other community priorities
- Share your ideas for how to make BSEP-funded programs even better
We’d like to know how many people are coming!
RSVP online at: http://tinyurl.com/RSVP4BSEP
Childcare and Spanish translation available.
You can choose instead to attend one of the shorter "Community Conversations," if you would like to join a table talk about priorities rather than spend a lot of time on budget details. You don't need to have a child at the schools listed below – we want to have people across Berkeley talking to each other about priorities for our schools!
- March 2, 2016 7:00-8:30 pm (Berkeley High School Library, 1980 Allston Way)
- March 10, 2016 7:00-8:30 pm (Rosa Parks Elementary School Multipurpose Room, 920 Allston Way)
- March 14, 2016 4:00-5:30 pm (Malcolm X Elementary School Library)
- March 15, 2016 7:00-8:30 pm (en español) (LeConte Elementary School en la biblioteca, 2241 Russell Street)